19 October 2008

Hachez Cocoa D’Arriba –Strawberry & Pepper (House of Fraser)

Hachez Cocoa D’Arriba –Strawberry & Pepper

Well after the comments on the Thornton’s Summer bars page, I had a look round the department stores for Chateau Javablond, but unfortunately I was unsuccessful. (I will have to order some online!)

In other news I did find this interesting chocolate bar tucked away. The name implies a rich dark chocolate, strawberries for sweetness and pink peppercorns to add a zingy flavour.

The concept is great, but the chocolate is less than impressive. I have no idea how a group of such appealing ingredients are so lacking in flavour. The strawberry is barely noticeable and the pepper adds but the mildest of notes. The chocolate has a strong cocoa percentage at 77%, but doesn’t have the flavour of Lindt’s 70%. This just didn’t work for me.

No comments: