18 July 2009

Twix Cappuccino (Pound World)


This is another Polish import find from Pound World, were I discovered the Mars Midnight I wrote about a few days ago. These Twix bars were also in the fantastic four for one pound section, so are really good value for money.
When I opened the wrapper I was hit by the lovely smell of coffee cream that seemed to be generated from the pack. When tucking in, the extra cappuccino flavour wasn’t as strong as I was expecting, it was pleasingly mild. I was worried that it might distract from the regular flavour that you get from a Twix, but it didn’t at all, the biscuit, caramel and chocolate were all distinctly there and there was a lovely coffee flavour mixed in too. I thought the bar was very well balanced in taste; I do have to admit to thinking that it could have easily have been sickly. The bar is nicely put together and well worth seeking out.

2 comments:

NLi10 said...

The under 99p store above new Street has lots of nice things including that chili & fruit choc you reviewed - I got Pomegranate - or Hot Grenadine as they called it.

It's oddly nice!


And those German hazelnut wafers. :)

cinabar said...

I love all the hazelnut wafers - love ordering them with my coffee in Costa. £1 or 99p stores are always filled with wonderful discoveries!