2 April 2010

Real Eggshell with Praline Chocolate (Waitrose)



My word this is one remarkably pretty egg. The egg is made with a real shell, but re- filled with a chocolaty substance. The shell is beautifully painted with bright pretty colours, and it seems such a shame to break it and eat the chocolate, still, needs must!
I had to thump the egg fairly hard in order for the shell to crack, after which I was able to neatly peel the rest of the shell away. I think what surprised me the most about this was the amount of chocolate packed in, the egg was practically solid except for a small air bubble. I say chocolate, but the contents were softer than regular chocolate, and even cut easily into pieces for sharing. The chocolate substance was very thick, creamy and had lovely hazelnut taste mixed in. It did remind me of the flavour of Nutella. I really loved the flavour but as it is so rich I found a half an egg to be the perfect portion.
If you are looking for something a little bit different to give as an Easter gift this would be perfect, a delightfully presented treat!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Oooh, I love that praline-chocolate taste!

This looks like something I'd really like to try! :)

cinabar said...

Me too... thats why I like Milka so much, it has the praline flavour. Nuts and chocolate - made for each other!