12 May 2010

Cadbury Creme Egg [Limited Edition] Ice Cream (Morrisons)



I do love Cadbury Creme Eggs, every year I never fail to get excited seeing them for the first time just after Christmas!
Obviously I was rather pleased to find this Limited Edition Creme Egg flavoured Ice Cream. Opening the tub, the ice cream was an impressive yellow and white ‘goo’ colour, and I hastily tucked in. Now I have a sweet tooth, some may say a VERY sweet tooth. Even so I felt this ice cream required a high sweet tolerance thresh hold! It was good, but there wasn’t quite enough chocolate in it for my taste buds, the sweet almost powdery goo was quite prominent. It is more of a Creme Egg Goo flavour than a proper Creme Egg taste, as there wasn’t enough chocolate to balance it out. With a more generous proportion of choccy pieces this would have been an easy regular re-purchase, but as it is, it is more of a novelty treat.

2 comments:

Dreich said...

I suppose you could just add your own chocolate. I do love creme eggs but that ice cream looks rather sickly to me.

cinabar said...

Yep - as I said my taste buds are quite keen on sweet, but this is a bit much for me.

Serving suggestion: one scoop Creme Egg, one scoop chocolate ice cream! ;-)